Today’s prompt wants to know which literary character I would invite for coffee and why. But–must I choose only one?
Hey, how about one at a time? That’s the way I prefer to entertain anyway. Good conversation and good eats.
Off the top of my head, here’s my guest list:
- For a hearty Second Breakfast: The Hobbit’s Bilbo Baggins
- For chitchat about the writing life: Little Women’s Jo Marsh
- For practical social advice: Emma’s Mr. Knightley
- For help with problem-solving: Agatha Christie’s Hercule Poirot
- For encouragement in making right choices: Jane Eyre’s Jane Eyre
- For shooting lessons: The Grand Sophy’s Sophia Stanton-Lacy
- For advice on keeping personal feelings private: Persuasion’s Anne Elliot
- For comparing notes about people: Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple
- For handling violent antagonists with flair: Zorro’s Don Diego
- For noble financial assistance: Pride and Prejudice’s Mr. Darcy. Or else, you know, Robin Hood.
- For the pleasure of talking piffle: Dorothy L. Sayers’ Lord Peter Wimsey
- For hugs and an honest setting-straight: The Chronicles of Narnia’s Aslan
Tomorrow, how I came up with ideas for my first book. If you’d like to discover what the other 35-Day Challenge authors are blogging about, you can find their blogs here.
Thanks for stopping by!