Apparently I am quite the source for ‘shoe-leather’ wisdom. You know, the practical, real-life kind.
On this, our final day of school, Laurie, one of my 7th grade students, presented me with a framed commemoration of our year together. Alas, each of these gems has come rolling out of my mouth. Repeatedly.
I never meant to sound so snarkily erudite, but Laurie nailed it.
- I’ll put you out like the cat.
- Save it for the talent show.
- Don’t wake up the sleeping dog.
- Pleasure doing business with you.
- Grow a filter.
- Suffer in silence.
- Clear as mud?
- Keep your mouth closed and squeeze it out through your eyeballs [a belch].
- Life is hard, and then you die.
- Get that lip back in your face.
- ‘Stoopid’ is a choice.
- I hope you enjoyed your childhood… because it’s over.