Writing romantic comedy is a lot like making Stone Soup.
One way or another, we must outsmart the reluctant creative mind and get it to cooperate.
So light the fire, fill the pot, toss in the stone. Let’s get a story going.
Here are the alphabetic Romcom elements I will cover for April, 2014:
- Amok, what Romcom is all about (Introduction)
- Banter, the Romcom love engine
- Cat Fight? Romcom delight!
- Disguise, a Romcom must-have
- Embarrassment, the way to ruin Romcom
- My Romcom Fs: Farce, Fun, and Faith
- Gallantry and the Romcom hero
- Romcom Housework woes
- Romcom’s “i” words
- Jealousy? Tread lightly
- That Romcom Kiss
- Life Lessons, Romcom’s powerhouse ingredient
- Money, a Romcom necessity
- Need, a tricky balancing act
- Overheard Conversations
- Prejudice and Pride
- That “I Quit” story crisis
- Must run Risks in Romcom
- Suspension of Disbelief
- Too Stupid To Live?
- Toss him the Romcom Ukelele!
- V is for Villain
- Workaday World
- That elusive X-Factor
- Happy ending? Yes!
- Pile on the Zazz!